We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8th May 2018.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
AM DEFENCE & MARINE is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How the data is collected
We only collect information from you that we will use for the purposes set out in this notice. This may be collected by a number of means including:
- Through forms, for example such as by filling in our ‘Contact Us’ form on our Site
- By sending us emails
- By speaking to us in our depots or over the telephone, for example in making an enquiry or a complaint about a product you have purchased
- What we collect
We may collect the following information in respect of your work contact details:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, business address and business phone numbers
When you visit our depots this information may include images of you from CCTV cameras installed externally and internally. We use this information for the purposes of public safety and the prevention of fraud and other criminal activity.
- How do we process your personal data?
AM DEFENCE & MARINE complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To perform any contract we may have entered into with you including providing products and services
- We may contact you to gather feedback about our Site, our products, our services and activities from time to time
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
The processing of your data is carried out for one of the two following legal bases;
- Its use is necessary in order to perform a contract between us or for taking steps before entering a contract
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests according to applicable legislation
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be disclosed to third parties who process Contact Data on our behalf for the purposes described in this policy. However in this way, we do not release the Contact Data from our effective control.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and at most ten (10) years after the last Business Activity where you have been involved.
We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent un-authorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Your rights and your personal data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the DPO at the contact details below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you also have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the AM DEFENCE & MARINE to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data,
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer, in writing, at the following address;
A&M Defence & Marine Services Limited
3 Old Barn Farm Road
Woolsbridge Ind Estate